The ECE Department received email from the company rep, as follows:
We are interviewing next week and making immediate offers. Please share this with any seniors who may still be looking for a career opportunity.
To be considered for this opportunity you must apply online at www.ussteel.com, search keyword 7149. This position is in Ecorse, MI – relocation assistance provided.
U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Engineering is a core component of our business and key to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers. U. S. Steel manufactures a wide range of value-added steel sheet and tubular products for the automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries. Our Facilities operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Position requires rotating work schedules, weekends and/or holidays.
Management Associate is an entry-level role designed to provide wide ranging, value-added exposure to prepare the college graduate for future advancements and supervisory responsibilities within the Plant. Management Associates are provided 12-24 months of training across multiple functional areas with work assignments designed to assist with personal and skill-set development. This role includes a rotational assignment within the plant.
Your responsibilities would be to successfully learn to:
– Apply engineering and/or business principles and problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment to ensure maximum operating efficiency while handling the pressure of managing a production crew in a heavily unionized environment.
– Supervise, direct, and coordinate the efforts of experienced technicians to keep the production operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption; consult with other production and maintenance managers, plant engineers, staff professionals, and outside equipment manufacturers; and select, train, and supervise employees.
– Make design modifications to existing equipment to reduce maintenance improve reliability and improve product quality. Performing equipment failure analysis and making appropriate recommendations.
– Review proposed equipment replacement or upgrades, including capital projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
– Work with consultants and equipment vendors to ensure process requirements and applicable standards and codes are met.
– Engage in maintenance planning functions to minimize downtime; investigate process improvements and participate in facilities upgrades.
Basic Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Discipline.
• Graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office products
• Strong organization, communication, and problem solving skills
• Candidate must have the ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Director-Workforce Strategy, Staffing and HR Compliance
United States Steel Corporation
600 Grant Street, Suite 1644
Pittsburgh, PA 15219